The construction of IMPLANT by “Nowa Epoka Handlu” started in March, the opening is scheduled for this year. Located at Chmielna 75 on the site of a former Postal Station this unusual construction of 10 000 m2 usable space (5600m2 for professionals and 4000 m2 of common spaces) will be made of 270 containers and 5 floors. The complex will be divided into 3 zones gastronomy with restaurants, cafés and bars, service and commercial (with small boutiques of Polish designers) and also office and with a dedicated to workshops, concerts or exhibitions. This new place will for sure revolutionized the center of Warsaw.
The site will try to respect the environment with several technics and technologies:
- Titanium paint – The facade of the panels surrounding the building will be covered with titanium paint (technology helping to neutralize smog in urban areas).
- Vertical gardens – Aesthetic but also environment friendly, installed on the roof, the vertical garden will also help to catch the smog.
- Photovoltaic roof will allow the site to use the sun as an energy
- Green parking – Each ticket will be changed for a tree seedling and plant in a specially prepared place.
- Air pumps will be powered by the photovoltaic roof
- Reservoir – The complex will be equipped with reservoir catching the water of the rain to supply the plants of the site
- Electric scooters and electric cars will be available with quick charging stations
- Aquaponics – fish will fertilize plants and plants will purify water for the fish.
The design of the project is made by Jakub Szczęsny, he created the smallest house in the world, that you can visit in Warsaw, Żelazna 74.
Visual: Press Material by the investor – designed by Jakub Szczęsny