The Prime Minister, Mateusz Morawiecki, announced this morning that the whole Poland will be in Red Zone from tomorrow and further restrictions starting from tomorrow, Saturday 24th, 2020.
“If the current restrictions do not work, this step will have to be taken. And it will be necessary to close specific areas of social, cultural and economic” – Mateusz Morawiecki
- Restaurants, bars and cafés will close from tomorrow, only take-away and delivery will be allowed.
- Remote classes also in grades 4-8 of primary schools.
- Authorization to leave home for children up to 16 years old accompanied by a parent or supervisor only between 9:00 and 16:00.
- The suspension of sanatoriums with possibility to finish the already started stay.
- A maximum of five (5) people outside the common household for events, meetings and assemblies held in public spaces ( Except business meetings). The same applies for assemblies as defined by the Law on public meetings.
- Restriction of movements for people over the age of 70 – except for business purposes and the necessary everyday routine meetings or attendance of masses and religious rituals.
In the last 24h, Poland recorded the largest number of new cases today with 13 632 people tested positive to the COVID-19 and 153 deaths. These measures are planned for two weeks, with the possibility of extension depending on the number of infections.